|Photo: Sambosa Recipe|
The home of tasty food recipes invites you to try Sambosa recipe. Enjoy my collection of delicious food recipes and learn how to make Sambosa.
1 ½ Cup flour
¼ Cup oil
½ Cup water
Oil for frying
½ Kilo ground beef (lamb or beef)
1 Onion (medium size), chopped
½ Tbs oil
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp ground all spice
1 Egg, boiled
¼ Cup parsley, chopped
- Cook meat over medium heat until browned.
- Remove any excess fat resulting from cooking.
- Add onion and oil, season with salt, pepper and spices. Stir over medium heat for 5
minutes or until onion is tender.
- Cut boiled egg into small pieces then mix with meat and parsley.
- set aside to cool.
For sambosa dough
- Mix flour, salt and make a well in the flour.
- Add oil, water gradually; mix until lightly firm dough is formed.
- If using electric mixer, combine flour, salt, oil and water on medium speed for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into small equal balls, roll on a lightly floured surface and cut into thin circles.
- Place a tablespoon of the filling mixture on one side of the circle.
- Crimp down the edges with a fork or wet your finger and rub it along the inside edge of the dough and fold.
- Heat oil to 350° F, deep fry sambosa for 3 - 5minutes until golden (for best results do not put a big amount at a time).
- Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel.
- Sambosa can be preserved after frying in a sealed plastic bag and refrigerated for a
month, then heated in the oven.
By Chef Osama