|Photo: Spiced Chicken and Lentils Recipe|
The home of tasty food recipes invites you to try Spiced Chicken and Lentils recipe. Enjoy my collection of delicious food recipes and learn how to make Spiced Chicken and Lentils.
3 Tbsps oil
4 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
½ tsp fresh ginger, chopped
½ tsp ground masala, (hot pepper, cinnamon, coriander, cumin, black pepper, cloves - Indian spice)
½ tsp ground turmeric
¼ tsp hot sauce (optional)
1 cup cooked orange lentils
2 cups stock or water for the lentils
salt and pepper
1 tomato, sliced
1 Tbsp fresh chopped coriander
2 Tbsps lemon juice
2 Tbsps oil
½ tsp cumin seeds
2 whole garlic cloves
1 hot pepper (optional)
1 curry leaf
• Heat oil in a pan on medium heat and cook chicken cubes until cooked half way, remove and set aside.
• In the same pan add onions, garlic, ginger, masala, turmeric and hot sauce and stir for 5 minutes.
• Return the cooked chicken to the pot then add the stock.
• Add the lentils to the pot and season with salt and pepper.
• Add the tomato slices, coriander, and lemon juice, cover the pot and leave on medium heat till chicken is fully cooked, approximately 15-20 minutes.
• To garnish, heat oil in a pan, add cumin, garlic, hot pepper and curry leaf, mix and remove from heat.
• Spoon the garnish mix over the chicken and lentils, also garnish with fresh chopped coriander.
*Cooking the lentils: wash the lentils and boil in water.
The amount of water should be twice the amount of lentils.
Cook on medium heat until done then strain.
*Masala: a mix of roasted ground spices the Indian kitchen is well known for.
By Chef Osama