photo: Broiled Chicken with Herbs Recipe
Serves : 4 Persons
Duration : 30 Min
1 Kilo Whole Chicken
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Tablespoon Oregano
1 Tablespoon Rosemary
1 Tablespoon Sage
1 Tablespoon Mardakoosh
1 Tablespoon Basil
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
4/1 Cup Lemon Juice
Decorated Fresh Herbs
1. Butter the Chicken. Using a sharp knife cut the entire back of the chicken. Open and put on a flat surface. Press down to flatten.
2. In a large skillet heat olive oil and butter.
3. In a bowl mix oregano, rosemary, sage, mardakoosh, basil, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper flakes, and lemon zest.
4. Sprinkle ½ of the spice mix onto the chicken.
5. Place chicken in skillet and using a heavy pot press down on the chicken releasing most of its juice. Leave the pot for 10 or 15 minutes until the juice evaporates and the bottom of the chicken is golden brown.
6. Using tongs flip the chicken and sprinkle the rest of the spices. Press down on the chicken again and leave for another 10 minutes.
7. Fit the middle rack in the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
8. Cook the chicken in oven for 30 minutes or until well done.
9. Remove chicken from oven and transfer to a serving plate. Cover to keep warm.
10. Put skillet on medium heat. Add lemon juice and let boil for 1 minute.
11. Spread the sauce onto the chicken. Garnish with the fresh herbs and serve.