|Photo: Ricotta stuffed calzone recipe|
The home of tasty food recipes invites you to try Ricotta stuffed calzone recipe. Enjoy my collection of delicious food recipes and learn how to make Ricotta stuffed calzone.
½ cup butter
¼ cup icing sugar
1 egg yolk
1 ¾ cup flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup whipping cream
1 egg white
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
2 cup colored bell peppers (cut into little squares)
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Whisk butter and sugar using an electrical mixer until creamy.
- Add the egg yolk, continue whisking
- Combine flour and baking powder, add it to the batter.
- Knead by hand while adding the cream for 10 minutes until soft, homogenous dough.
- Cover the dough and set aside in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 portions; roll out each portion on a floured, flat surface, to form a circle.
- Roll one circle in a rounded oven pan (26 cm), then put stuffing (combine all stuffing ingredients, and season with salt and pepper).
- Cover stuffing with the other circle and brush it with the whisked egg white.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden allover.
- To be served hot with colored bell peppers, carrots and cheese salad.
By Chef Osama